Building upon our tested fiberglass flow measurement manholes, Openchannelflow has developed complete, packaged fiberglass Grinder Manholes for a variety of in-line sewage grinding applications. Openchannelflow Grinder Manholes are low maintenance, quick to install, single-piece, water-tight and corrosion resistant units built with a ruggedness to withstand the most aggressive of environments.
Openness – Openchannelflow can accommodate open channel grinders from JWC® (3005 series Muffin Monsters®), Franklin Miller® (TM-8500 series Taskmasters®), MonoFlo® (Series ‘A’ Munchers®), and others. Our ability to integrate just about any open channel grinder allows your operation to remain flexible – not locking you into one grinder manufacturer. You supply the grinder, we supply the knowhow. Dig It! Drop It! Done!
Flexibility – Openchannelflow offers a variety of manhole cover styles, diameters, and options to tailor our Grinder Manholes to your specific needs.
Top styles include:
- Full opening domed top for maximum access
- Flat cover aluminum hatches for pedestrian areas / low profile installations
- Large diameter opening highway loading reducers tops (using customer supplied grade rings, cover, and frame)
The standard diameter for Openchannelflow Grinder Manholes is 5’ [152 cm], with the option for a 6’ [183 cm] diameter (and larger) as needed. 4’ [122 cm] diameter units are available for space-constrained applications, but note that with a grinder installed in the center of the manhole, access at the base of the manhole is severely limited.
- OHSA-compliant fiberglass ladder with non-slip ladder rungs
- Integral fiberglass grinder channel with non-slip gritted bench / shoulder
- Recessed, removable fiberglass grating (over the grinder channel)
- Stainless steel cabling hook (for spare power / control cabling)
- Manhole thru-wall coupling (for power / controls cabling)
- Inlet / outlet piping with flexible couplings for quick pipeline connection
In addition, Openchannelflow offers a wide array of optional accessories to help you customize the unit to fit your specific needs, including:
- Over-flow / by-pass piping
- Integral diversion channel with manual bar screen and slide gates
- General purpose and hazardous location lighting
- Powered and unpowered ventilation
- Shelves and mounting panels for ancillary equipment
- Factory integration of customer-supplied guide frames
Typical applications include:
- Prisons and jails
- Nursing and rehabilitation facilities
- Pump station protection
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Industrial effluent maceration
- Food products and waste maceration
- Aircraft effluent